Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I want summer, I'm not just saying that either. I need summer. I need the very beginning of summer, the first day you are out of school and feel so free and alive. I need the first night when you realize that it's summer, you can do anything and stay up as late as you want. I need the feeling you get when the warm breeze is blowing on you on a midsummer night. I need the feeling you get when youre walking your dog late at night and you realize that this is truly tranquility. I need the stars in the sky. I need to remember what it is like to wish on a shooting star wearing hip-hugging jeans and a tank top. I need the beach. I need the warm wind and the water coming up to my feet as my friends and I talk for hours on end about everything that happened that past year. I need the silence, that always happen, when my friends and I are thinking about things that have happened that past year and just need to be reflected on for a little while. I need the moon, the big, bright, full, beautiful moon that has a gravitational pull on the waves. I need to go running on a summer night and then jump in the pool right afterwards and do laps. I need that aching feeling after you do too many laps on top of a runner's high. I need so much right now. I need the rain. I need that dark, dreary day when the sky is full of clouds that look ominous and the sky is completely gray. I need the rain that comes from the clouds and the steam that comes up from the streets because the difference in temperature that occurs so suddenly.
I need to go back in time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home